Friday 15 February 2013

{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen

It seems that since I started this blog, everywhere I look... There it is! The Cross blanket by Pia Wallen. Every Scandinavian design lover wants one, including myself.
It is the less expensive version of the famous 1991 Crux blanket. The 1991 version was a 700$ wool blanket made in Sweden, the "remake" version is made in Peru in ecologically sourced cotton and costs "only" 150£. It comes in a variety of colours: red/white, green/white, grey/white... My favourite would have to be the black/white one.

You can get them from Story North in Surrey. They also have the cutest baby size one.

I will keep an eye on the prices, who knows, maybe they will have a 70% sale one of these days... In the meantime, enjoy these gorgeous images.

{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA 
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA

What is it about the cross that is so appealing? Just perfect!


You can also make your own cross bunting, follow instructions from Bluebird vintage for a quick and easy project.
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
VIA
I liked these last 2 images, although I can't seem to remember where I found them.
{Design} Cross blanket by Pia Wallen
You can find all my images and more on my Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I like the post a lot: I've been a fun of Pia Wallen for such a long time. I'm happy she made a "cheap version" of the original Crux blanket, that was definitely out of reach. To be sure not to lose any 70%sale, I've subscribed to the blog! ; )

    Elena / facingnorthwithgracia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you and love your style!
    Wow.
    Lovely hugs
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so nice! Thanks.
      Make sure you subscribe to get regular updates. Also check out my Pinterest page. Lots of inspiration for you...
      http://www.pinterest.com/Chatquipeche/

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think

Pin It button on image hover