Today I have some DIY for your weekend. Dipped cutlery pieces are popping up everywhere on the web, and I love them!
It looks so easy to do... I haven't done it yet but it is on my to do list. Either as a reunification project for all the mismatched cutlery we have, and also as set pieces or serving cutlery. I think I'll go Yellow and Grey!
You will need:
- inexpensive cutlery ( I think patterned looks better)
- a tin of Plasti Dip. It is a rubberised coating that comes in lots of different colors.
- hold onto the end of the utensil dipping the handle into the Plasti Dip as far as you want, avoiding the area used to eat.
- when taken out let the excess drip, then turn over for plastic dip to begin setting.
- dip each piece twice to get desired colour.
- place the dry end underneath a heavy box and let the utensils sit to dry as described on the tin.
- When they are first dipped you no longer see any pattern on the utensil. Once they are completely dry, you can see the pattern again.
- Don't put them in the dishwasher as the coating might get ruined.